Best Andrologists In Delhi Apollo Hospital
Dr. Rajesh Taneja is the best senior urologist, andrologist of Apollo Hospital in Delhi, India performing robotic surgery. A graduate & post gradate from Maulana Azad medical College, New Delhi. He pursued post doctoral course (MCh) in Urology from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical sciences. He is a founder fellow of Geriatric Society of India and is an active member of Delhi Urology Society. He is Joint Secretary of “Andrology India” and is on executive board of “Indian Andropause society”. He has been holding CME’s, delivering talks and participating in live workshops related to Urology, Andrology and Andropause.
He is one of the very few urologists in the country to have acquired the technique of Holmium Laser Enucleation of prostate (HoLEP) and pioneer urologists, trained in Robotic Surgical system (Da Vinci_Si) in the country, performing Robotic assisted urological surgeries with excellent results comparable to the best in the world. He is the only Asian urologist to treat Interstitial Cystitis (Bladder Pain Syndrome) using holmium laser with very good results. He has also written a book in the same. Dr. Taneja was also recognised as a “Proctor” for robotic surgery programs to assist in the training of newly inducted robotic surgeons.
Holmium Laser Enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) is a cutting edge option in contrast to the standard Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP) technique for bladder surge hindrance because of BPH. It requires a brief time of hospitalization and a sedative. A catheter (a cylinder which depletes the bladder) is likewise required for 1-2 days until the urine clears. Patients are encouraged to take life calmly and to abstain from stressing or hard work for about a month after the medical procedure.
- Member, Executive committee, ESSIC, (International Society for study of Bladder Pain Syndrome)
- Founder Chairman Global Interstitial Cystitis Bladder Pain Society
- Chairman for the 2016 Annual Meeting of European Society of Study of Interstitial Cystitis (ESSIC) Held at New Delhi, November 17-19, 2016
INDRAPRASTHA APOLLO HOSPITALS NEW DELHI
|Monday||1019||11:00 a.m - 04:00 pm|
|Thursday||1019||11:00 a.m - 04:00 pm|
|Friday||1019||11:00 a.m - 04:00 pm|
|Saturday||1019||11:00 a.m - 04:00 pm|
- M.B.B.S. 1985, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
- M.S. Surgery, 1990, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
- M.Ch. Urology, 1994, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- First Indian Non European to be inducted as a member of Executive board of ESSIC, European Society for study of Interstitial Cystitis
- First Indian to be awarded to host European Society for Study of Interstitial Cystitis (ESSIC) annual meeting in India (for the year 2016)
- Founder chairman of Global Interstitial cystitis Bladder pain syndrome society.
- The first Indian to be awarded to host European Society for Study of Interstitial Cystitis (ESSIC) annual meeting in India (for the year 2016)
- Felicitated at the Annual IMA South Delhi Branch convention with the President’s Appreciation Award, January 2016.
- Awarded, ‘MAMCOS Excellence award’ during the Annual Maulana Azad Medical College Old Students’ celebration December 2015.
- Awarded, ‘Men’s Health Award’ for outstanding achievements in the field of Urology & Men’s Health, November 2015.
- Robotic surgical video ‘Robotic assisted anti reflux procedure for bilateral Vesico Ureteric Reflux’ awarded best video during North Zone Urological Society of India, held at Srinagar, September 2015.
- Treasurer, Andrology India
- Received felicitation for special achievement award by the health minister of Government of NCT Delhi at the annual conference of IMA held on 6th January 2008.
- Invited to deliver Mithilesh Memorial Oration in International Conference on Geriatrics & Gerontology held at New Delhi (November, 2002)
- Founder Fellow, Geriatric Society of India (January, 1998)
- Best House Surgeon Award, LNJP and GP Pant Hospital, New Delhi (1987)
- Second prize in Anatomy, Delhi University (1982)
- National Talent Search Scholarship (1981)
- Chairperson for the annual meeting of prestigious European Society for Study of Interstitial Cystitis (ESSIC) , to be held in New Delhi, India, November 17-19, 2016.
- Chaired a session on ‘Post Prostatectomy Incontinence’ during Masterclass in Uro Oncology and International Live operative workshop held under the aegis of North Zone Urological Society of India, New Delhi , 26-27 March 2016.
- Hosted and convened Delhi Urological Society meeting on 26 March 2016, on behalf of Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- Dr Rajesh Taneja is a mentor and official trainer for the technique of Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate ( HoLEP).One of the very few urologists in the country to have acquired the technique of Holmium Laser Enucleation of prostate( HoLEP) and has been performing the state of art procedure since 2005. A series of cases with very large prostate gland (weighing more than 200 grams) has been presented in the conference. The largest removed prostate with this technique weighed 326 grams.
- Has been conducting Robotic surgeries using the most advanced robotic system, “Da Vinci –Si” system with excellent results comparable to the best in the world.
- The only Asian urologist to treat Interstitial Cystitis (Bladder Pain Syndrome) using holmium laser with very good results. Till date the published English medical literature is devoid of such a technique.
- Removed world’s heaviest benign tumor (Angiomyolipoma) weighing 7,500 Gms, in a 47 year old woman. This has been acknowledged in the Limca book of world records.
- Re-implantation of dismembered penis in a young man, who in a phase of depression used a shaving blade to cut off his own organ. The dismembered organ was transported in cold saline bath as per the telephonic instructions and re -implanted 4 hours later. He had a good recovery and regained a functional phallus.
- Has been performing various reconstructive procedures including difficult recurrent Vesicovaginal fistulae (One case of obstetric VVF had failed three attempts elsewhere before finally getting repaired successfully.)
- Reconstructed penis using synthetic (PVC) implants and local (scrotal)flaps in a man of 30 years who underwent radical excision of penis 3 years earlier for cancer of penis . This is a rarely performed surgical procedure.
- An unusual non urological procedure has been recently performed. A young male of 19 years, who presented with jaundice and fever due to stones in the ducts of his transplanted liver, was treated by ‘Percutaneous Transhepatic Cholangio lithotripsy’ using a technique similar to ‘Percutaneous Nephrosto Lithotripsy’ (PCNL).The case was a poor surgical risk as his first liver transplant had failed and he already had a surgery for revision of biliary obstruction second transplant. He was on immunosuppression and had developed drug induced Diabetes Mellitus. Such a procedure has never been documented earlier in published medical literature. The patient was discharged in good health following the procedure and is leading a near normal life.
- On the panel of reviewers for ‘European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology’.
- Member of review panel ‘Indian Journal of Urology’.
- Invited to be the member of Advisory Board on the cutting edge technology MOSES in Holmium laser for treatment of urinary stone disease developed by Lumenis international, 28 October 2017, New Delhi.
- Invited to demonstrate live Retrograde Intra renal surgery (RIRS) for kidney stones during live operative workshop, held in Agra on 22 October 2017.
- Delivered a talk on the ‘Instrumentation of RIRS’ during live operative workshop, held in Agra on 22 October 2017.
- Chaired a session on Neurogenic Urinary bladder at the international conference on LUTS, held in New Delhi 15 October 2017.
- Moderated a case based discussion with expert panel on ‘BPH with Hypotonic bladder’ at the international conference on LUTS, held in New Delhi 14-15 October 2017.
- Delivered a talk ‘Role of PDE5 Inhibitors in LUTS’ Guest faculty at the Mens Health conclave, Bhimtal, 1 October 2017.
- Invited as faculty and board member of European Society for Study of Interstitial Cystitis (ESSIC) during the annual meeting in Budapest, 21-23 September 2017.
- Conducted round table sessions on GAG replenishment therapies during the annual meeting of ESSIC in Budapest, 21-23 September 2017.
- Delivered a talk on ‘GAG Replenishment therapies’ during the annual meeting of ESSIC in Budapest, 21-23 September 2017.
- Delivered a guest lecture ‘Role of diet in IC/BPS’ during the annual meeting of ESSIC in Budapest, 21-23 September 2017.
- Conducted and chaired a pre-conference Board meeting on ‘pain questionnaire’ of ESSIC at Budapest, 20 September 2017.
- Delivered a talk on ‘Clinical approach to IC /BPS’ during the Annual Gynecological symposium under the aegis of IMA EDB, 10 September 2017.
- Invited as Guest faculty to deliver a lecture on ‘Risk stratification in Ca Prostate’ in symposium on Ca prostate, 9 September 2017 held at Medanta the medicity.
- Delivered a talk on ‘Testosterone replacement therapies during Sexology conference under CSEPI Jaipur, 8 September 2017.
- Moderated a ‘Clinical panel discussion’ on Metastatic Ca Prostate at International symposium on Ca Prostate held at Hyderabad, 3 September 2017.
- Hosted and conducted a symposium on metastatic Hormone Sensitive Prostate Cancer on 19 August 2017, IHC, New Delhi.
- Conducted a free health camp and data collection exercise for Mens Health society on 15 August at Bhimtal, Uttarakhand.
- Invited as a guest speaker to deliver a talk ‘Role of Robotic surgery in Urology’ at Doctors Group meeting organized by Vattikutti Foundation, held at Dehradun, 5 July 2017.
- Delivered a talk on ‘Male Sexual Dysfunction and Pelvic surgeries’ during Mens Health conclave organised by IMA and Mens Health India: June 2017.
- Received Distinguished Mens Health award at the Mens Health conclave organised by IMA and Mens Health India, June, New Delhi.
- Invited as Guest faculty at the Holmium Laser workshop held by Sarvodaya Hospital, Faridabad, Haryana on 3 June 2017.
- Presented a talk on ‘Role of Robotic surgery in RCC’ at Annual conference of Association of Surgeons of India, Haryana Chapter, held at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak on 14 May 2017.
- Organised a daylong symposium on IC/BPS under the aegis of AOGD on 6 May 2017 Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
- Hosted and presented five topics for discussion the periodic meeting of Delhi Urological Society on 6 May 2017, New Delhi.
- Chaired a live operative session during Robotic Urologists Forum conference, held RUFCON on 21-23 April 2017, Mumbai.
- Presented a video on ‘Robotic assisted Boari Flap reconstruction of lower ureter’ During RUFCON, 21-23 April 2017, Mumbai.
- Hosted and Chaired GIBS (Global Interstitial Cystitis bladder Pain Society) faculty meeting on 16 April 2017, New Delhi.
- Invited as a ‘Trainer’ of HOLEP during UROMET-R 2017 14-15 April, Gurgaon, Haryana.
- Chaired a video session during Robotic Surgeons Council of India (RSCOI) meeting, 8-9 April, Chennai.
- Invited as a guest speaker to deliver a talk on ‘Role of Robotic surgery’ in Renal Cell Carcinoma, IMA North Delhi branch on 26 March 2017.
- Presented a guest lecture on ‘Role of robotic surgery in urology’ at Doctors meet organized by Vattikutti foundation at Kolkata, 4 march 2017.
- Chaired a Podium session on ‘Female urology’ during the USICON 2017, January 18-22, Mumbai.
- Invited as an Expert Panelist on a session ‘Medical treatment of Advanced Cancer of prostate’ during USICON 2017, January 18-22, Mumbai.
- Received ‘Achievers award’ by the Delhi Urological Society during the annual meeting of DUSCON on 7 January 2017, New Delhi.
- Moderated a panel discusion during ‘Baldder Symposium’ with visiting internantional faculty at New Delhi on 17 December 2016.
- Chaired and convened the annual conference of International Society of study of Intertitial Cystitis, under the banner of ESSIC, held in New Delhi, 17-19 November, 2016.
- Delivered the plenary lecture on ‘Role of Adrenergic system in pathogensis of Bladder Pain Syndrome’ during the annual conference of International Society of study of Intertitial Cystitis, under the banner of ESSIC, held in New Delhi, 17-19 November, 2016.
- Delivered a talk on ‘Why do Treatments Fail for BPS’ during the annual conference of International Society of study of Intertitial Cystitis, under the banner of ESSIC, held in New Delhi, 17-19 November, 2016.
- Convened and moderated a workshop session on ‘Investigations in a suspected case of BPS’ during the annual conference of International Society of study of Intertitial Cystitis, under the banner of ESSIC,held in New Delhi, 17-19 November , 2016.
- Chaired a session on Interpretation of Urodynamic graphs during an International symposium on Urodynamics, held in delhi on 14 November 2016.
- Chaired a session on Uro oncolgy during the conference of Robotic Surgeons Council of India meeting, Held in Mumbai on 12 November 2016.
- Delivered a talk on ‘Role of Robotic Surgery in large Renal Tumors’ during the conference of Robotic surgeons council of India , held in Mumbai, 12 November, 2016.
- Delivered a guest lecture on ‘Andropause – is it for real?’ during the convention hosted by the Rotary club, New Delhi.
- Convened the annual Symposium of the North Zone Urological Society of India on Bladder Pain Syndrome, held at Agra , 15 October , 2016.
- Chaired a session on live operative workshop during the annual conference of the North Zone Chapter of Urological Society of India, held at Agra,13-15 October 2016.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, India
Gate No. 10, Room No. 1019, Ground Floor,
Mathura Rd, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi – 110076