Professional land marks
Use of Holmium Laser in Urology
- Pediatric urology
- Reconstructive urology
- Uro Oncology
- Urogynecology (Female urology)
- Neurogenic bladder
List of research and publications
- Anterior Urtheral Valves without Diverticulae: A Report of Two Cases and A Review of the Literature. Dig Vijay Singh, Rajesh Taneja Congenital Anomalies Oct 2013
- Taneja R, Singh DV. Incomplete Transverse septum: an unusual anomaly. Indian J Urology.2012;28:193-5
- Soft Tissue applications of Holmium Laser. Rajesh Taneja. Journal of International Medical Sciences Academy (2011) 24-3; 135-136.
- Intravesical Lignocaine in the diagnosis of bladder pain syndrome. International Urogynecology journal (2010, March) 21:321–324
- Holmium Laser treatment of a vesical calculus secondary to TVT procedure Rajesh Taneja, Digvijay Singh. Int Urogynecol J (2009) 20: 999-1001.
- “A Rational combination of intravesical and systemic agents in the treatment of Interstitial cystitis”, Scandinavian journal of nephrology and urology, 2007. 41:6,511-515.
- “A Rational combination Pharmacotherapy in Men with Erectile Dysfunction who initially failed to Oral Sildenafil Citrate alone: A Pilot Study” Journal of Sexual Medicine, Journal of Sexual Medicine 2007; 4:1136–1141.
- Stuck Foley Catheter-An Unusual Finding. Indian Journal of Urology, 1995; 10:94-95
- Micturition Disturbances in Hyperthyroidism. British Journal of Urology, 1995; 75:678-679.
- Trucut Biopsy of Prostate-An Unusual Complication. British Journal of Urology 1995; 73:103-104.
- Extracoporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy Experience in Patients with Congenital Anomalies of Upper Urinary Tract. Paper submitted to the Faculty of AIIMS for M.Ch Degree (1994)
- An unusual Cause of Retention of Urine. Indian Journal of Urology, 1994; 3.
- A new Position for ESWL of Juxta Vesical Ureteric Calculi. Indian Journal of Urology, 1994; 2:49.
- Difficult Removal ofStuck Double “J” Ureteric Stent. British Journal of Urology 1994; 73:582-583.
- Profile of 108 Cases of Carcinoma Prostate Registered at Urology Malignancy Clinic of AIIMS. Paper submitted to the Faculty of AIIMS for M.Ch Degree (1994)
- Evaluation of Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy as a Modality of Treatment for Renal Calculi. Thesis submitted to Delhi University for MS Degree (1990)
Books and Chapters
- Genitourinary problems in Diabetes Mellitus. R Taneja in Textbook of Diabetology. Edited by. Sachdev. Y. (In Press)
- Urogenital problems in elderly. R. Taneja. Distance Education Course I Gerontology. IMA AKN Sinha Institute Post Graduate Certificate Course in Geriatrics (August 2005)
- Surgical management of erectile dysfunction. R Taneja, IMA AKN Sinha Institute Post Graduate Certificate Course in Geriatrics (August 2005)
- Authored a chapter “Surgical Management of Erectile Dysfunction” in “Text Book of Geriatrics”, 2nd Edition by OP Sharma, published October 2004.
- Authored a chapter on “Erectile Dysfunction” in the Therapy Section of Indian Drug Review. January 2004.
- Urological emergencies and their management in general practice. PN Dogra, NP Gupta, R. Taneja. In: current Practice in Emergency Care, Edited by PC Chaubey Saurabh Publishers, 1995.
Articles Reviewed for Journals
- Reviewed for “Archives of Clinical Nephrology and Management” an article entitled ‘Open Partial Nephrectomy: Results from an 8-Year Study’, December 2015.
- Reviewed for Indian Journal of Urology, "Chronic Orchialgia: Review of treatments old and new!” December 2015.
- Reviewed for Indian Journal of Urology, ‘Clinical profile of Urological emergencies at tertiary care center in north-western India: Need for training with discrete emergency urology unit’ April 2015.
- Reviewed a case report for British Journal of Urology, October 2014. (bcr-2014-207977) Massive haematuria, recurrent clot retention and rupture of urinary bladder following laser lithotripsy of vesical calculus in a tetraplegic patient: Lessons we learn. Subramanian, Vaidyanathan; Singh, Gurpreet; Selmi, Fahed; Hughes, Peter
- Reviewed an article for Indian journal of Urology, Hypogonadism and Renal Failure: An Update, reviewed and approved for publication, April 2014
- Reviewed an article for Indian Journal of Urology, ‘Testicular function in male patients with lepromatous leprosy’, reviewed in March 2013.
Papers Presented at Conferences
- Presented scientific paper ‘Penile reconstruction following infective gangrene’ at the annual meeting of Asia Pacific Society of Sexual Medicine held at Jeju, Korea ,4 -6th October 2007 .
- Presented a scientific paper “Intravesical Lignocaine as a diagnostic test for interstitial cystitis” in annual conference of European society for study of interstitial cystitis held in Muenster, Germany, 3-5 May 2007.
- Presented a scientific paper “Holmium Laser Enucleation of Prostate, An Initial experience” at the annual conference of North Zone Urological Society of India held at Jaipur in November 2006.
- Presented a scientific paper “ A Rational Combination Pharmacotherapy in Men with Erectile Dysfunction who Initially Failed to Oral Sildenafil Alone” in 10th Biennial Meeting of the Asia-Pacific Society for Sexual Medicine, Cairns, Queensland, Australia (October 2005)
- Transrectal ultrasound guided versus digital rectal guided biopsy of prostate presented at “World Congress of Endourology, November 2004, Mumbai.
- “Medical Management of Interstitial Cystitis an Indian Experience” presented at Annual Conference of North Zone Urology Society of India, November 2004, New Delhi.
- Unusual presentation of renal cell carcinoma, Annual Conference of Urological Society of India at Ludhiana (November 2003)
- Posterior urethral valves in adults, Annual Conference of Urological Society of India at Ludhiana (November 2003)
- Endourological management of nosocomial fungal infections of urinary tract-two cases, Annual Conference of Urological Society of India at Ludhiana (November 2003)
- ESWL of Renal Calculi in Cases of Primary Vesico Uretric Reflux –4th North Zone Conference of USI at Jodhpur (October 1994)
- Management of Ectopia Vesicae in Adults Females –4th North Zone Conference of USI at Jodhpur (October 1994)
- An Unusual Cause of Retention of Urine. Delhi Chapter of North Zone Urological Society of India (February 1994)
- Adult Bladder Extrophy: A New Technique, USICON-93, Lucknow (November 1993)
- ESWL Experience in Patient With Congenital Anomalies of Genito Urinary Tract, USICON-93, Lucknow (November 1993)
- Adeno Carcinoma of Prostate – An Unusual Case. Delhi Chapter of North Zone Urological Society of India (August 1993)
- Use of Appendix in Upper Uretric Stricture – Delhi Chapter of North Zone Urological Society of India (September 1989)
- An Interesting Case with Two Lumps in Abdomen – Delhi Chapter of North Zone Urological Society of India (September 1989)
- Self Inflicted Penile Injury – Presented to the Faculty of AIIMS at Common Clinical Rounds